11.22 Hi Everyone! The greatest news awaited us when we returned from site visit...an internet cafe in Bandjoun!! It is amazing how much easier it is having internet in town! Right now there are 7 of us PCTs of the 10 people in the cafe :) Things are going well. It is hard to come back and train, language, tech and culture. But I am glad to be back because it means I can hang out with my friends! Half way through my week in Ndu I realized that we are really together for only 3 more weeks and then we head off in different directions! Hopefully we will be able to make the most of our time together, between passing two languages, three projects, and the other daily activities. Thanksgiving should be fun...we have class all morning but from 3:00 on we will be frantically cooking: potatoes, salad, fruit, bread, guac (because we can), plantain chips, some chicken, pies, cobbler, and wine. It should be fun if we finish cooking by 8! I think we are going to have some women in town make the chickens and cook the pies before hand, so it should not be too difficult...I say this now!
Funny story: In Kumbo last week (which is one hour from Ndu, with internet, a supermarche, and restaurants with "american food") I went to the internet cafe with the PCV there. She showed me the bathroom in the back of the building and told me to take my phone because the light did not work. I tried to shut the door but it was not going, so I forced it shut. Bad idea...when I tried to open it, you know to get out, the door would not budge! The hadle would not move. I took a minute and thought "Yep, you are stuck and NOBODY can hear you..." Thankfully I had my phone and called the PCV who was able to get some people and a carpenter to come bust me out. They had to break the door. Cool Ally. Thus is life I suppose!
Anyhow, there is a little cockroach crawling all over my foot so I am gonna go. Enjoy all your turkey this week and the snow :) I will be thinking of you all this week, especially on Thursday. Go Buffs!!!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment