Thursday, December 15, 2005

12.15 Hi everyone! We officially swore in as volunteers yesterday! It already feels like forever ago! Packing up all my stuff plus the million and one PC books, water filter and the things I have acquired here was slightly difficult...I made it though. I spent my last night in Bandjoun playing a killer game of Uno with my friends and going home to play another enthralling card game with my siblings. This morning I left early, after literally inhaling the breakfast my mom gave to me 1 minute before I had to leave. In true Cameroonian style we left later than planned but it gave us time to hang out together before splitting off. About half the group headed down to Yaounde and most of the rest to Bamenda. Saying good-bye was really hard...it is amazing how close you can get with people in 10 weeks! I already miss them a lot (hi guys who are reading this from the cose!) :) Tomorrow I head up to post to attempt to get all my stuff there and to my house. Hopefully along the way I can buy a mattress...we'll see! My time is already running low but I will email you all soon and hopefully post another blog soon too. Miss everyone lots, hope finals and the end of the semester went well for everyone! Thinking of you always.

No comments: