

October 15, 2006
I just got back from Limbe. It's amazing...the whole 4+ hours back to Yaoude I tried to think of a better word to describe it...obviously that didn't happen, maybe because I was distracted my the old Mami throwing up next to me or because I was gripping the seat in front of me for dear life as we passed massive trucks going easily 120 km/hr on a 2 lane road. Either way, my trip lasted less than 24 hours (ok, not necessarily the "trip" but the time spent in Limbe) but was worth the long travel, the petrifying 40 minutes I was lost in Douala and definitely the 12 pounds I lost sweating today while I traveled back! I even had my own personal tour guide...PCV Bill.
I stayed in a hotel inside the botanical gardens with an air conditioner that created a tundra-like ambiance--I was freezing--where I was able to watch a slightly scrambled Daily Show on CNN; ate freshly caught and grilled fish on the beach, under a clear starry sky; strolled along black sand beaches; gazed up at Mount Cameroon and began planning our pending ascent in March; waded in luke warm water and watched a storm roll in over Equatorial Guinea, the whole time thinking, “yeah, they’re right…we really are suffering.” I can’t wait to spend Christmas there; maybe I’ll wear a Santa hat while I do laps in the natural spring pool (if so, I’ll be sure to attach pictures).
3 comments:
ally, do me a favor and delete my comment as soon as you read it. I forgot that others would be able to see the ph #. thanks,D
Post a Comment