Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 19, 2007
Just a few random picture from my week in Yaounde...

There was an intense beer pong tournament (using big plastic bowl rather than cups), this is an action shot.
Rebecca and I were the cheer team. We did, however, lack significant enthusiasm, but posed numerous time to make it look like we were trying.





The French Club in Yaounde has a great pool and we laid out poolside one afternoon. I swam a grand total of a 100 and called it a day. It was too nice just sitting there!

I had my hair braided by my friend Stacy...the best part was either when the Cameroonian women would stroke it and click in approval or the brightly colored hair things on the bottom

I've been away from Ndu far too long and I'm very anxious to get back. Although I am sad that my timing was a bit off...last weekend I was able to watch one of the NFL playoff games at a diplomat's house on some international diplomat channel with HILARIOUS commercials. It was very fun, I just wish I could do it again for the Superbowl. Anyhow, now it's back up to the dust to enjoy cold Ndu, the American food that did make it here with my mom and all the national holidays that come from February-May!

No comments: