Sunday, April 15, 2007

April 15, 2007

Some old(er) pictures...







As I mentioned a million times, the dry season was difficult, unbelievable really. So much so that it took a lot of motivation for me to even attempt keeping things clean. I did, though, wash my tennis shoes one day--this is half way through!








Women's Day...always exciting. After a few hours of sitting in the grand stand chanting with other women (most of them in orange, green or maroon outfits, much like the construction orange getup I have on) and hearing about empowerment of the "girl child", I took a break at the guys house. This is with Tommy and Charlie. Ps...you can't really tell from this angle, but the shirt makes me look about 5 months pregnant.






These little girls (carrying a sign reading "future women's group) were a highlight of the day...dancing and paying little attention to marching and singing...but happily posing for me and my camera.












This is "Doctor" weighing a baby at his monthly infant welfare clinic in Talla. Last month over 110 women came to have their children weighed, charted and hear about proper nutrition.











Happy St. Patrick's Day! We celebrated as much as we could!

With green beer...












...and hot dogs roasting on an open fire. They came from a can (ew).











Cameroonians, but specifically the Anglophones, are notorious for writing interesting sayings on their cars. This particular van has been parked in Ndu for about 3 months now...the struggle really does continue.











No comments: