



08.06.06 Wow...America has been wonderful. I was lucky enough to be able to take a few weeks off to come back for Lexie's wedding (see above). Aside from some anxiety about America and being shocked at the clothing on teenage girls in the Atlanta airport, the transition was easy. I feel like I never left. I got to see many friends--who came very far to see me :) and had a great time in Denver, Boulder and Steamboat. I am getting packed up now and realizing how much stuff I am taking back...I feel like I may be taking more this time than when we left in September! I keep telling myself that most of it is for others but a fair amount belongs to me. I have had fun enjoying the luxuries here but am excited to get back to life in Cameroon. Hopefully work will keep me busy until the next group of health and agro trainees arrive. Then, we'll be distracted with PCT drama and whatnot. Thanks to all my friends and family for putting up with me during my trip. Thanks for the dinners and coffees, the movies, the shopping and dealing with my deep thoughts on changing the world. Give me another year and I'll be ready for more ladies' nights and Kappa reunions! Nobody else get married while I'm gone!!! I love you all!
Picture 1) Me, Harry and Katie pre-hike, acting like tourists at Fish Creek Falls.
Picture 2) How beautiful is Colorado??
Picture 3) Yay Kappa...
Picture 4) Lexie and all the Kappa girls in a typical sorority pic :)
No comments:
Post a Comment