Friday, August 18, 2006

18.08.06

I am officially back in Cameroon after an amazing trip home. I hauled two huge bags with me full of presents and one or two things for me. I think my mom was glad to see me go after I spent 20 minutes throwing things at her that wouldn't fit, to "send me later." I did make it back with a few jars of peanut butter; some great smelling candles lots of books and about 12 remaining Twizzlers. Somewhat successful, I am excited to get the package and see what great items I threw out at the last minute!

Travel took some time and patience (luckily for everyone involved I am still going strong on my quest to be patient), I was lucky enough to miss the terror-chaos and get to Ndu unscathed...after a few days in bush taxis. Some great British missionaries gave me a ride half way up the now muddy and pot hole filled Ring Road. They had me over for tea and shared some random facts; like that the UK didn't have photo ids until recently. Who knew?

I am happy to be back despite my hesitancy in the days leading up to my departure. Everyone seems excited for me to be back and I'm hoping with school starting in a few weeks that work will pick up then. For now, I'll just enjoy the rain and cold-have some fires and pretend it's winter. This is the closest I'll get for another year. It was great to see everyone! Keep in touch.

No comments: